Creating A PhD Dissertation Outline: Things To Remember
Dissertation papers are quite important for an aspiring PHD student as it develops the sense of creativity and the ability to analyze and conclude about certain topics. It is extremely necessary to have a proper outline about the points to be incorporated and about the writing format of the paper. A vital need for this roadmap is to facilitate the feedback of your mentor regarding the validity of your paper and the efficacy of your approach.
You need to convince your professor about the necessity and the success of your paper and about your potential to finish it with utmost sincerity and perseverance so that funding for your project is easily liquidated. To get a good grant the outline should clearly illustrate that the objectives of your project is in terms with those required for the grants and the probability of a successful outcome is quite high. The following points are needed to be taken care off for the purpose of a perfect dissertation outline paper.
Primary points to be remembered
The following points are required to be incorporated in your paper to make it successful and acceptable.
- The title is the first thing which should be perfectly in relevance with your full body of the paper. It should be self explanatory giving a primary idea about what this thesis is all about.
- The introduction part should be brief and should provide the background for all that is to follow. A quick historical reference and reasons for the success or the requirements of the project can perfectly serve the purpose of gaining the readers’ interest and keep them focused.
- If not included in the introductory part, the objectives of your project explaining the connection with real life and the relevance of choosing such a topic can rightfully form the next part of your thesis.
- Then comes the body or the main part of your proposal, where you need to show how you can complete the project and what could be the possible benefits if it is rightfully done. Here you might need to raise the obvious questions which need to be answered through your dissertation. This section is the key for your project to look convincing and worthy. You also need to mention how different and unique your approach is going to be from the previous established facts and how you will be able to come up with valid conclusions.
- You need to clearly mention the methods you are going to follow to complete your assignment and the validity and the practical existence of such tools and techniques need to be there.
- Then in the next section you need to give an apprehensive idea about the expected results of your research however shallow or brief that might be. This will help the professor to judge your conducting capacity and thoughts for approach.
- The conclusion part is again a summarization of all the points above, again with a convincing and affirmative tone to gain the attention from the respective readers.