Great Recommendations On How To Format Dissertation
One of the things that set a student’s academic papers from that of his or her peers is proper format. In this case, the centre of attention is dissertation. It is very important that in writing your dissertations, all the requirements are taken into consideration, including the paper’s format. Each time you submit a well-formatted academic paper, it increases your chances of graduating with the best grades. Also, it goes a long way in showing your professors that all their efforts through your tuition period were not wasted. With this said, it is time for you to learn how to format your dissertation.
This post is designed to give you a few helpful recommendations on how to format dissertation. These guidelines are as follows:
- The Paper Size: This is the number one feature to be considered. The normal size for a dissertation’s paper is 8 ½ inches by 11 inches. Your particular field of study does not bring any change to this, paper size remains the same.
- The Paper Margins: Normal paper margins for dissertations are set at 1” on all sides of the paper, top and bottom margins inclusive.
- Spacing: This is another area that you should pay proper attention to. The whole content should be formatted in double lines and nothing less. Also, proper spacing after punctuation marks should be observed, i.e., there should be no spacing before punctuation marks.
- The Paper’s Title: In typing your dissertation’s title page, you should ensure that the content is properly indented, avoiding typing the letters in block letters all through. As much as possible, avoid the use of quotation mark within the title page of your dissertation.
- The Right Indentation: The presence or absence of indentation is mostly determined by your field of study. This is why it is recommended that you find out from your project supervisor if this applies to your paper. You should also check out examples of other students’ work in the same field to determine indentation which is usually five spaces from the left hand side of your work.
Now you can see that there was no need for unnecessarily raising your blood pressure and getting confused as to how your dissertation should be formatted. With these helpful recommendations, you can now go ahead and start working on your project without wasting any further time. If you still need further help, then go ahead and check this website for further guidance.